Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dance Class

After talking about it since I got here, I was finally able to set up a time to have a dance class with the younger kids.  I wasn't sure how it was going to go, considering I haven't taught dance in over four years, most of the little ones don't speak very much English (I know even less Khmer), and they've never had a dance class before.  I was hoping at least a few kids would show up and actually stick around...

  
But what I got was about 15 excited, enthusiastic (not to mention adorable) little children, ready for a great time.    


After warming up, learning how to count music, and move to the beat, we were ready to learn a short combination.  


Finally, it was time for their very first game of "Freeze Dance."


They caught on pretty quick, and couldn't get enough of it.  



I'd say dance class was a big success!  

No comments:

Post a Comment