Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Impression

During my day in Phnom Penh, Kate and I stopped at a pharmacy to pick up supplies for the clinic at Wat Opot.  She got a whole box full of antibiotics, other medications, and supplies.  All of it only cost about $120.  In the US it would have cost over $1,000!  This is a view of the road from the pharmacy.  There are basically no traffic laws, so tuk tuks, motorbikes and cars weave in and out of each other and pretty much do what they want.  
On our tuk tuk ride home, we had to pull over when we ran into an afternoon rain storm.
Our tuk tuk driver, Tamap, had to lug around my huge suitcase, another 70 lb suitcase full of donations I brought from Kate's mom, mine and Kate's bookbags, a box full of medical supplies, and some grocery bags.  Oh, and me and Kate too.  





No comments:

Post a Comment